‘Gotcha!’: The First Pictures of Alleged Boston Bomber In Custody Surface
Police captured 19-year-old Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on Friday night following a nearly 24-hour manhunt. He had been hiding in a boat parked in a backyard.
The bloody endgame came four days after
the bombing and just a day after the FBI released surveillance-camera
images of two young men suspected of planting the pressure-cooker
explosives that ripped through the crowd at the marathon finish line,
killing three people and wounding more than 180.
The first images of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who was alive but in serious condition, began to emerge late Friday night:

This
still frame from video shows Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar
Tsarnaev visible through an ambulance after he was captured in
Watertown, Mass., Friday, April 19, 2013. A 19-year-old college student
wanted in the Boston Marathon bombings was taken into custody Friday
evening after a manhunt that left the city virtually paralyzed and his
older brother and accomplice dead. (AP Photo/Robert Ray)
And Twitter user @Hossenator
(Edward Fitzgerald) tweeted out the following photo allegedly showing
the suspect with the caption “Gotcha!”. It’s unclear if he is a law
enforcement official. (Update: The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives confirmed to ABC News that the photo shows one of their medics rendering assistant to the suspect.)
Early Friday morning, 26-year-old
Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed in a ferocious gun battle and car chase
during which he and his younger brother hurled explosives at police from
a stolen car, authorities said. The younger brother managed to escape.
During the getaway attempt, the brothers killed an MIT policeman and severely wounded another officer, authorities said.
Investigators have not indicated motive for their killing spree
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario